1.05.2012

Fences and Jumping



I was venting a little bit earlier today.  I said something about needing to start getting myself together because I'm a flurry of go-go-go.  I told him that sometimes I fear 'the other side of the fence' more than I do trying to do it all.  That's not actually true.  I don't fear the other side of the fence much at all.  Those around me do.  Seems like most people I know do, but I don't.

I've never been afraid to jump.  It's in my nature.  I jump into the pool and hope it fills before I hit the bottom.  It's how I learned not to put aluminum in the microwave, how I learned that staples really can go through skin, and the reason I am as stubborn as the day is long; because when I jump, I also commit. 

So where is this new fear of letting go come from?  Maybe I listen too hard to those around me; making their thoughts mine.  Maybe I'm actually becoming an adult.  Maybe, maybe, maybe...sigh...too many maybes.

I just need to get my butt off the fence and slip onto the other side.  Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment