2.01.2012

Allow Yourself To Imagine

Make time for playful endeavors, even if only as a practice to connect with your inner child.



Every moment to myself feels like stealing.  Every single one.  So many parts of my life belong to the agendas of others, virtual or concrete.  I am independent by nature and being penciled in on someone's schedule has never, not ever, been a huge dream of mine.  I lack patience.  I fear for moments lost to menial tasks.  I have very little sense of the here and now and every ounce of my being calls to do more.  It has always been thus.  

Connecting with my inner child?  No sweat.  Laugh, splurge, color the front of a notebook, doodle, eat the whole box of Junior Mints, wonder, skip, twirl, swing, digress.  It's all part of my dance of pretend adulthood.  Playful endeavors are what draw me to the window to watch the sunrise.  They are what keeps me up at 3 in the morning, dreaming of turquoise frosted cupcakes piled high on milky white plates, and what helps me to hear the music of a rustling in the leaves.

I fear losing those moods.  That's one reason photography is so critical a creative outlet for me.  It cracks open my creativity...my inner child.  It lets me find a way to show what I feel, or at least close to what I feel.  It shows the world as I see it.  Murky, sexy, sublime, shy, moody, filled with laughter...without adult obligations.  Just whimsy, and love and light.  




2 comments:

  1. My inner child wants to go play with your inner child so badly! A box of Junior Mints, a beautiful day and lots of twirling.

    ReplyDelete